INREV Members are encouraged to co-operate with public authorities. Co-operation includes:
- a timely, constructive and transparent relay of information or documentation when officially requested by public authorities acting within their legal capacity;
- a timely, constructive and transparent response to appropriate queries officially raised by public authorities acting within their legal capacity;
- firming up compliance agreements;
- seeking active real-time audit;
- seeking clearance for significant transactions when engaging on what is perceived as being a tax risk area; and
- seeking advance tax and/or pricing agreements.
Co-operation is encouraged in any of the jurisdictions where investments are performed (and not only in INREV Members’ own country of residence).
INREV Members are encouraged to lawfully co-operate with public authorities on any reasonable tax related requests; any cooperation request which is unclear or unreasonable should be diligently addressed as means to clarify the extent and scope of any such request.
Requests properly introduced by the competent administration should be complied with in a timely manner
INREV Members are encouraged to seek co-operation from public authorities when appropriate as means to clarify or address any question regarding the application of the law (insofar as reasonable and in a fully transparent manner).
In doing so, INREV Members should principally seek to ensure an interpretative clarification from the public authorities under the terms and procedures of tax law.